The perfect place for investing in green tech and agriculture
Whether you are a business start-up, a company spin-out, a well-established company, a research institution or an investor within the green tech sector, Viborg and the Central Denmark Region offer unique business opportunities for several reasons:
- Just outside Viborg, Aarhus University Foulum conducts world-leading research within agriculture and bioeconomy. The research areas in Foulum include plants, animals, food, organic farming, bioeconomy, bioenergy, environment, climate, soil, genetics and technology. The main purpose of the research is to produce and provide knowledge that ensures agricultural and food production that is both competitive and sustainable. In recent years, Aarhus University has invested heavily in new research facilities and a new Centre for Circular Bioeconomy
- Viborg Municipality and Aarhus University have signed a cooperation agreement that focuses on attracting companies and investments and making use of research and knowledge within bioeconomy and sustainability.
- Next to the University, you will find Agro Business Park. It offers incubation, innovation and investment services. This makes it the ideal location for business start-ups as well as spinouts and development units from well-established companies within agriculture, bioeconomy and food.
- UN17 Business Incubator & Academy is a newly established centre which helps companies and entrepreneurs to actively apply the UN's 17 Sustainable Development Goals in their business strategy. UN17 Business Incubator & Academy is located in Agro Business Park.
- The Central Denmark Region has the world’s strongest wind energy cluster, including the largest wind turbine producers, sub-suppliers, research institutions and test centres with extensive experience in collaborating with the industry.
- Viborg and the Central Denmark Region offer access to a vast and highly qualified green tech work force both within research, development and production.
- Multiple green tech companies, both SMEs and multinationals, are located in the region. Almost all companies have a tradition of co-operating with research institutions, other Danish and foreign companies and public authorities to develop new and green solutions.
For more information:
Head of Business and Development
Project Manager Agriculture and Bioeconomy