Agro Business Park is a cluster and management organisation working nationally and internationally with innovation, incubation and investments in the Danish bio-based economy.
Agro Business Park focuses on supporting innovation processes, entrepreneurship, networking, commercialisation and business development within agriculture, biomass, environmental technology and food. Agro Business Park manages a large number of projects - all with the aim to support entrepreneurship and innovation in the sector.
Agro Business Park is situated right next to Aarhus University Foulum and Apple's new mega data center outside Viborg (construction began summer 2016).
Agro Business Park works to promote partnerships between businesses and research, to develop new bio-based business models and to attract European, national and regional funding for innovation. Agro Business Park also has an annual innovation competition with participants from all of Denmark.
Agro Business Park has the right facilities, environment and network for start-ups, spin-outs and development units from well-established companies. Agro Business Park offers incubation in two locations in Denmark: Viborg and Aarhus. Currently Agro Business Park accommodates more than 30 companies.
Agro Business Park has its own investment company that invests seed capital in innovative start-ups. In this connection, Agro Business Park works closely with external investors, both public and private.
Agro Business Park offers a wide range of services for tenants as well as Danish and foreign companies:
- Rental of office space, including access to laboratory facilities, meeting and conference rooms and exhibition space.
- Connecting Danish and foreign companies within agriculture, food, environmental technology and biomass.
- Guidance in connection with starting up and running a business, including setting up a business, dealing with Intellectual Property Rights and protecting knowledge, access to finance, professional consultancy and strategy formulation, finding new markets and technologies.
- Guidance and assistance in gaining access to capital or investors for a project or business.
- Development of new technology, new products and new processes through facilitation and active participation in development and demonstration projects. Several of these projects have an international character.